★    KEY TERMS

repair 修理

faucet 水龍頭

toilet 馬桶;廁所

sink 洗臉盆

showerhead 蓮蓬頭

drain 排水管

 

★    My bathroom faucet is leaking. 浴室水龍頭正在漏水。

Bill:Sorry to trouble you, but my bathroom faucet is leaking.

抱歉麻煩您了,浴室水龍頭正在漏水。

Landlady:Oh dear! That’s not good. I’ll send a plumber over as soon as possible.

喔,天啊!那可不妙。我會盡快請一位水電工來。

Bill:While he‘s here, could he take a look at the toilet, too? Sometimes it doesn’t flush.

他來的時候可不可以也檢查一下馬桶?馬桶有時候不能沖水。

Landlady:Yes, of course. I'll ask him.

當然,我會請水電工看看。

Bill: And one more thing. The air conditioner drips water onto the living room carpet.

還有,冷氣機漏水滲進了客廳地毯。

Landlady: I do apologize! I‘ll call someone right away to get all these problems fixed.

我非常抱歉!我馬上叫人來處理這些問題。

 

★    I can't get a clear picture on the TV. 我的電視機影像不清楚。

Ruby:I can‘t get a clear picture on the TV.

我的電視機影像不清楚。

Repairman:Well, your cables look pretty old. It might be an idea to buy new ones.

嗯,你的電纜線看起來頗舊,或許買新的纜線看看。

Ruby:Okay, but is there anything I can do right now to improve the picture?

好的,但現在我能做什麼來改善畫質呢?

Repairman:You can use the sharpness function on the remote.

你可以用遙控器上的清晰度功能。

Ruby:How do I do that?

要怎麼用?

Repairman:Press this gray button, and then adjust the picture with these arrows on the left and right.

按灰色鍵,再用左右箭頭調整畫質。

---

※本文節錄自《彩圖實境生活英語Just Say It(32K軟精裝+2MP3)

※延伸閱讀:

[講堂] 租房

[講堂] 外出用餐

[講堂] 購物


好書推薦