S: Hi, Lisa. After hearing you talk about Taiwan so much, I think I’d like to go there on holiday.
嗨,麗莎。聽妳講了這麼多台灣的事,我想去那裡度假了。
L: Great, I think you’ll love it. When are you going to go?
很好啊,你一定會愛上那裡的。你什麼時候要去?
S: I don’t really know. When do you think would be the best time of year?
我還不知道,妳覺得一年中哪個時候去最好?
L: That’s a hard question to answer. Summer is nice and hot, but it’s often humid and it can rain a lot, too.
這個問題很難回答。夏天很熱,但是通常也很潮濕,還可能很常下雨。
S: There are typhoons in the summer as well, right?
夏天還有颱風,對吧?
L: Yeah, Taiwan usually experiences a few typhoons every year.
是啊,台灣每年都會遇上幾個颱風。
S: OK, what about winter?
好吧,那冬天呢?
L: It’s nice in the south during winter, but it gets quite cold in the northern areas and in the mountains.
南部冬天的時候還不錯,但是北部和山區就很冷。
S: That doesn’t sound good. What about spring?
聽起來不怎麼適合。那春天呢?
L: Spring might be perfect. It’s not too hot or cold, there’s no chance of a typhoon, and you might even get to see the cherry blossoms. Autumn is also a great time to visit as the weather is pleasant.
春天就很棒,不太熱也不太冷,也沒有颱風,甚至有機會看到櫻花。秋天氣候怡人,也是個出遊的好時節。
S: Thank you. I think spring it is!
謝謝妳,那就決定春天去吧!
---------------------------------------------------
※本文節錄自《Fun說英語介紹台灣:即學即用觀光導遊英語(16K+寂天雲隨身聽APP)》
※延伸閱讀:
[講堂]
[講堂]
[講堂]