Katharine, Ann, and Caroline are having lunch at a restaurant.
凱薩琳、安和卡洛琳正在一家餐廳享用午餐。

W: The soup du jour is gazpacho.
今日湯品是西班牙番茄冷湯。

K: I'll have that. Does anyone else want an appetizer?
我要點那個。還有人要點開胃菜嗎?

A: I would. I'd like the pear salad. Can I make a substitution, though? Could I please have it with walnuts instead of almonds?
我要梨子沙拉。可是我可以換東西嗎?我能把沙拉的杏仁改成胡桃嗎?

W: That should be no problem.
應該沒問題。

C: And we'll all split the fried calamari.
我們一起共享炸花枝圈。

W: I'll be back in a moment with your drinks.
我即刻回來送上您們的飲料。

A :OK... I feel bad saying this, but have you noticed what Carla's been wearing lately?
好了……說到這就覺得不太好意思,不過你們有沒有注意到卡拉最近的穿著?

C: Oh, my goodness, I'm so glad you brought it up! I can't believe she's going to sales meetings like that! She looks so sloppy!
我的天啊,很高興妳提到這個!我不敢相信她穿成那樣出席業務會議,看起來有夠邋遢的!

A: I know! I wonder if Jonas even notices. If she keeps it up, someone might have to talk to her about it.
沒錯!不知道喬納斯有沒有注意到,如果她繼續這樣,可能會有人找她談談這件事。

K: I don't think Jonas is paying attention to much these days. He always seems to be flustered. I think he's finding he bit off more than he could chew in his new role.
我不認為喬納斯最近有在管事,他老是一副慌慌張張的樣子。我認為他可能在新職位上發現自己接下過多工作而無法處理。

A: I've been getting that feeling also. I hope he gets it together. I really like working with him.
我也是這麼覺得。希望他能早日上手,我很喜歡與他共事。

-------

※本文節錄自《辦公室英語會話必勝課:職場溝通即戰力(20K+寂天雲隨身聽APP

※延伸閱讀:
[講堂] 辭職
[講堂] 人事異動
[講堂] 簽署正式合約


好書推薦