在職場上,商業email往往都是懷抱著某個目標,寫給某特定讀者的。儘管商業email的種類非常多,但經常都會使用一些有禮貌的句子,這些語法包括感謝來信、解釋目的、提出要求並對要求做出回應,以及指出未來行動的標準用語等等。

一封專業的英文商業email可以在幫你達到目的的同時,更好的維持或促進雙方的往來關係。以下介紹英文商業email中各種說明目的、說明要求、回覆要求等的實用說法:

◎ 解釋寫信的原因
I am writing to confirm your order of April 19.
我寫這封信是要確認你在月19 日所下的訂單。
I am writing to inquire about your services.
我寫這封信是要詢問你們的服務。
Please allow me to introduce myself and my company.

◎ 提出要求
Please look over the enclosed report and let us know as soon as possible if you would like to make any changes.
請查核隨函附寄的報告,如果想要做出任何的變更,請盡早讓我們知道。
We would like to invite you to collaborate with us to create the new training program.
我們想要邀請你和我們攜手合作,以推出新的訓練計畫。
We would be grateful if you could make the following final revisions to the layout.
如果你能把如下的最後修正版給編排好,我們一定會十分感激

◎ 對要求做出回
We have received your order and are in the process of filling it.
我們已收到你的訂購單,並且正在供貨之中。
We have updated your account with the information you supplied.
我們已經以你所提供的資訊更新了你的帳目。
We have received your report and we are in the process of reviewing it.
我們已接獲你的報告,並且正在複審之中。

◎ 提到日後的書信往來
I look forward to speaking with you at our next meeting.
我衷心期盼可以在下次會議上和你一敘。
I will follow up with more details within the week.
我會在本週之內跟進更多細節。
I hope to hear from you soon.
我期盼能很快得到你的消息。

※ 本文節錄自《Get Ready!商務英語溝通力【二版】》
※ 延伸閱讀:
[介紹] 寫出超專業英文e-mail的6大原則
[書籍] Show出職場好英文【二版】