★    KEY TERMS

restaurant 餐廳

make a reservation/book a table 訂位

order 點菜

menu 菜單

tableware 餐具

bill 帳單

 

★    A table for four, please. 我想訂四人的位子。

Receptionist: The Hollies Restaurant. How can I help you?

您好,這裡是冬青餐廳,請問您需要什麼服務?

Daniel:I'd like to make a reservation for this Sunday evening.

我想要訂星期日晚上的位子。

Receptionist:Yes, of course. How many people will be dining?

當然可以。請問幾位用餐?

Daniel:A table for four, please.

我想訂四人的位子。

Receptionist:Certainly. And what time would you like to come?

可以,請問您想幾點過來用餐?

Daniel:Seven o’clock. No, wait. Make that 7:30.

七點。等等,七點半好了。

 

★    Wed like to order now. 我們想點餐。

Pete:Excuse me. We’d like to order now. Do you have any specials?

服務生!我們想點餐。你們有提供特餐嗎?

Waiter:Yes, sir. Today's special is grilled sea bass with lemon and chili.

有的,先生,我們有辣味檸檬烤鱸魚。

Pete:Oh, I don’t like chili. I’ll have the meatballs, please.

喔,我不喜歡辣椒,我點肉丸子好了,謝謝。

Waiter:Of course, sir. And for you, madam?

好的,先生。您呢,小姐?

Clare:This pork steak . . . Does it come with a side dish?

嗯,豬排有配菜嗎?

Waiter:Yes, madam. It comes with rice pilaf and a small green salad.

有的,小姐,配菜是肉菜飯與小份生菜沙拉。

---

※ 本文節錄自《彩圖實境生活英語Just Say It(32K軟精裝+2MP3)

※延伸閱讀:

[講堂] 常用的英文舉例詞彙

[講堂] 不同的

[講堂] media和medium媒體


好書推薦